The settlement Zahorin is situated about one kilometre from Svitava close the road leading to Svojkov. The first written reference is from 1455. The settlement is described as a godforsaken village Zahorie which has been destroyed during the Hussits’ wars. The village has never been large. It used to have only five farmsteads and later seven houses has been registered. In 1900 Zahorin became the smallest village in the Novy Bor district. The total number of inhabitants was 34 and most of them worked in agriculture and forestry. The rest of them worked at home or in nearby factories in Lindava and Sloup.